Grindline skateparks is committed to designing and building environmentally friendly skateparks. There are several measures and techniques that we use while working with sustainable design professionals that are standards within the green building industry and are used in attaining LEED certification in development projects.
These include but are not limited to:
- Treating storm water runoff.
- Incorporating ‘fly ash’ in the concrete mix.
- Balanced cut and fill to reduce off-site hauling.
- Strict requirements for erosion and dust control.
- Use of native vegetation and preservation of existing trees.
- Incorporating reused and recycled materials, jersey barriers, precast concrete curbs, steel, granite, etc.